On Point With GoPens #3

On Point

What is blotting paper? How do I use it?

Blotting paper is a highly absorbent type of paper which we fountain pen lovers use to absorb excess ink from whatever we have written on. For inks that don’t dry quickly enough, you can use a blotting sheet or a rocker blotter to prevent smearing of the ink across the paper, on to your hand or clothing, or to prevent shadow printing onto another page when you close your journal or notebook.

Blotting sheets can be found in a variety of sizes, some with plasticized coatings on one side, and rocker blotters can be quite useful to keep at your desk.


This entry was posted in Vintage Pens and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *