On Point With Go Pens #113

On Point

The gold color seems to be wearing off the ring on the cap of my vintage pen. Can I polish it to bring it back?

This is called brassing. It’s not tarnished but is actually the gold plating wearing off, as you notice, and showing the brass underneath. It cannot really be fixed easily unless you want to have the part replaced or restored by a professional.

This entry was posted in Vintage Pens and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *