The A.A. Waterman Pen Company was founded about 1897 in New York City by Arthur A. Waterman who was no relation to L.E. Waterman. A.A. Waterman was known for their New Lincoln Pen (1904-1907) which was a regular eyedropper filler pen, their middle joint filler pen (1902-1907) and their Modern Automatic Self Filler, a twist filler (1902-1920). There are some exceptionally beautiful models made in gold filled metal and silver. Arthur A. Waterman was pushed out of his company in 1905 when Frazier & Geyer successfully sued him and took over the company. About 1912, L.E. Waterman also sued the A.A. Waterman Company and forced them to put a disclaimer stating, “Not connected with the L.E. Waterman Co.” on all their pens and advertising. The A.A. Waterman Pen Company began to fade away about 1916 and was just a memory by the 1920s. The company is believed to have been sold to the Chicago Safety Pen Company. Fountain Pens and Pencils The Golden Age of Fountain Pens, Fischler and Schneider, 1990, Page 249.